We aim to operate in a sustainable manner and monitor and regularly evaluate the way we work for things we can do to reduce our impact on the environment.
Thinking and acting in a way that addresses environmental, social and governmental concerns is something we are right behind.
As a locally-owned technology consultancy, the areas that we focus on are:
- Ongoing overall reduction in energy consumed per employee, including heating, air conditioning, lighting and computer equipment.
- Ongoing overall reduction of consumable usage including paper, toners and stationery.
- The cleaning products used in our offices.
- The waste we produce - including e-waste - and how it is disposed of and recycled.
- Reduction in footprint per staff member through remote working and other forms of online collaboration. Where air travel is required, we invest in carbon offsets.
- The environmental certification status of our suppliers.
We manage this by:
- Making sustainability part of our induction process for new staff.
- Selecting suppliers who hold or are or working towards certification in a recognised environmental certification standard.
- Conducting an annual audit to check on supplier certification status, measure against targets (such as monthly energy and paper use per employee) and identify new areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
Our staff-led green team are the on-the-ground champions for sustainability initiatives, including:
- Participation in the Auckland and Aotearoa Bike Challenges.
- Rollout of reusable coffee cups.
- Raising awareness of waste minimisation and recycling.