Umbraco is a free, open-source web content management system (CMS) built on the Microsoft .NET Framework. It is easy to use, simple to understand, and is highly extensible using industry-standard languages and patterns such as HTML, CSS, jQuery, and C#.
We've built several websites using Umbraco - including this one - and our customers love it.
Umbraco – what's possible?
Site owners can:
- Easily edit and publish content with simple but powerful content creation tools.
- Manage and maintain a website exactly how they want it
- Rollback to previous changes on content with a simple click
- Manage media content
- Manage users and members
Working with Theta to deliver a site in Umbraco gives you great flexibility and control over the whole process. Benefits include:
- Full control over design and markup
- Full styling control, allowing us to create amazing designs
- The possibility to extend the Umbraco back-office for a more personalised experience
- Template creation
- API integration
- Custom .Net solutions. Since Umbraco is a .NET base CMS, we can create and use .NET custom controls and user controls without having to jump through hoops.