Using a QR code, guests simply scan and enter the premises in a matter of seconds. Rob Lee, CEO, says
“We’re excited that a Kiwi company like us can help people across the world with Covid-19 impacts. The team have been working day and night to get EVA Check-in ready to help organisations open their doors again.”
EVA Check-in is designed to meet business and organisational requirements for knowing who is on site, with data security and contactless ease of use at the forefront.
EVA Check-in features:
- A contactless alternative to handwritten guest registers or systems that aren’t secure.
- Get started quickly – nothing to install, no hardware required and easy for guests to use.
- Save on administration time. Guests or staff can check themselves in.
- Keep up to date with check-ins using built-in reporting making it easy to find who else was on site, and on which floor or room, at any time.
- Data is kept private.
- No App download or Bluetooth required.
- No geolocation data recorded.
Where can it be used?
EVA Check-in is adaptable to a range of venues and sites.
- Cafés, bars, restaurants
- Retail stores and showrooms
- Public facilities such as libraries and community centres
- Movie theatres
- Plus many more!
Set up and scale-out
Each location has a QR code poster that visitors scan with their phone camera upon entry. Scanning the code takes them to a mobile webpage where they fill in their name and contact details (saved on their phone for next time). For people who aren't able to scan the code, there's the option to visit the web page via their browser. EVA Check-in also has self-service administration screens for manually checking people in and out.
Organisations can easily track who was at each location and when. As there is no hardware required, it's rapidly scalable (from one to hundreds of sites) and very cost-effective. As a monthly subscription, you can activate it within minutes and turn off once it's no longer required.